Starting Thursday August 8th the Pine River Food Coop will begin selling Farmers Market Tokens for customers using Food Share. Tokens can then be used to purchase produce at the Farmers Market on Saturday mornings.
How It Works:
- The Pine River Food Coop has a card reader that allows you to swipe your FoodShare Card.
- You request the amount of funds you want and the worker will give you that amount in $1 Farmer’s Market Tokens.
- The tokens can be used at vendors who have a Blue EBT sign posted at their booth.
- You cannot use tokens at the Pine River Food Coop.
- The store will not refund tokens
Farmers Market is located on the East Side of the County Courthouse and is open Saturday mornings from 7 am to 12. For more information about the market visit their website at: http://www.richlandareafarmersmarket.org/