Obesity Prevention Strategies
- Farmers’ Market EBT program-increases access to healthy foods Food Share recipients. Tokens are purchased with benefits and used at the Farmers’ Market.
- Farm to School-procurement of locally grown vegetables, fruits, and other products for use in county school districts.
- Mill Pond Community Garden-community members may rent a raised or elevated bed to increase access to healthy foods for all.
- Food for Life-cooking classes taught by Richland Medical Center Family Physicians, Neil Bard, MD, and Christine Richards, MD.
- Richland FIT Steering Committee and Coalition strengthening.